Sunday, October 26, 2008

Did I mention.....

That we are supposed to be in Florida right now? Colin and I had booked a trip with two other couples, the Head's and the Ranson's , to Marco Island, Florida months ago, pre-pregnancy. We knew we were going through with IVF, but calculated that I would be way early in the pregnancy, able to fly, and hopefully over the morning sickness. When we planned the trip we didn't realize that God had other plans. We have caught up with the crew a few times this weekend and it sounds like they are having an amazing time, little overcast, but they are still thrilled to be on vacation. (By the way Judge Judy, fun fact from Tom, lives just down the water from them, be good friends). I am so happy because they are buying me a new hoody from Marco. If you know me, you know my absolute obsession with hooded sweatshirts (I have one on right now as I type). They are so snuggly and wonderful and warm and ....sorry.

What is ironic about cancelling this trip is that it is the second time this year we have had to cancel a trip to Florida. My whole family was heading down to Naples in June and my Nana passed away. Now I know that I was where I needed to be this summer, and I know that I am where I need to be right now.....but man how I wish for that Florida sun!

Colin and I have two plane tickets that we want to use to take a trip in December. We are going to head up to Chicago (as long as I am not on bedrest) to visit my cousin, his girlfriend, and meet up with my Aunt and Uncle. I am in hopes that this works out because I love Chicago, and I love spending time with my family. Maybe Colin and I could fork out a few extra bucks to stay at a nice hotel and have a few nice dinners....no sense in shopping, but maybe some new shoes or a HOODY??

My sweet husband just walked in the door with a Starbuck's vanilla steamer, bagel, and a smile. He is the greatest! We are going to sit by the fire, read, eat, watch TV, all those good things made better with him.

Love ya.
Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

We miss you guys! We're taking lots of pictures to show you all when we get back! Tonight, we watched the sun set, and it reminded me of watching the sun set on the cruise ship and taking that amazing postcard picture of the 4 of us! Good times! See you in a few days!