Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Shack

So I am all set up....our friend Aaron came over last night and helped us set up our wireless so I could work from my mom's laptop downstairs. I have been able to work on a few things for school, and now I am updating my blog. I just finished The Shack and my mind is processing the story and what the main character Mack endured. it is a wonderful story full of hope and love. I found myself smiling when Mack would talk to the main characters (Jesus, Holy Spirit, and God), and their response to Him. They encouraged him to leave a life of independence and live fully in a relationship with them. It was so promising.....so encouraging and I highly recommend it. It made me re-evaluate how I live independently, how I deal with not so great situations, and how I judge others.
Right now I am living with a little discouragement due to the circumstances I am....really confined to my home and more specifically my bed or couch. I am looking for Joy in each day and ways to grow closer and more dependent on God.

3 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!!!!! --The Ransons and the Heads

Kendra White said...

i love that book....

kitzkazventure said...

Sorry to hear about 3 more weeks but we would endure (sp?) many more "trials" for these sweet ones, wouldn't we? Hope your sweet dog is doing ok and resting.
My parents were just in town from TX and my dad was reading The Shack...he was supposed to leave it for me but I can't find it?? ;)
Thinking of you! karen