Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Speechless

I am happy to report that we got to see all of our dear friends at Dr. Butler's office today. I have missed all of them so much. Jennafer greeted us with a big bag of goodies for expecting parents, we shared pictures, and talked through medical history. Then things shifted a wee bit. Dr. Butler came in and asked a lot of questions about my bleeding, cramping, and ultrasounds that showed the blood clot. He then proceeded to say that he was going to rock our world with some suggestions to carry on this healthy baby. He said NO WORK for at least two weeks....no work? I looked at Colin, hoping that I heard Dr. Bulter correctly...did he just say no work, no precious little five year olds, no awesome Kindergarten team, no TLS? Then he said really, you should rest as much as possible. You can get up to make a sandwich, go to church, grocery, and dinner occasionally, but a majority of your time will be spent on your bucket. I looked again at Colin, is this really happening. Know that I am not having second thoughts, I totally trust Dr. Butler and his team and am going to rest because I want what is best for this precious child. I am just having to change my way of thinking. For so long is has been God, family, and work....now I have to move that sweet baby before work (not a problem, just different). I have so many wonderful friends who are already planning to visit, bring books, and rest with me. God is so good. He also got me in to see Dr. Butler today.....I was going to wait a few more weeks. Again I am reminded that His ways are not my ways...His plans are not my plans. I need to figure out what I am supposed to learn over the next few weeks, or months (I can't go back to work until I stop bleeding/cramping for two straight weeks). We may also miss out on our upcoming Florida trip...which is okay, just a bummer. Please don't think I am complaining, I am just really processing what just happened a few hours ago and I guess I am really not speechless, I just don't know how to say what I am thinking. God is good, He will be glorified. As I type I am listening to one of my new favorite worship songs At the Cross, by Hillsong. The words are so comforting and I know that no matter what He loves me, and this baby more then I can ever hope and imagine. Good news....blog will be updated daily. Love you guys...enjoy the lyrics to my new favorite song (I wish I knew how to put music on my blog) .

Oh Lord You've searched me You know my way Even when I fail You I know You love me Your holy presence Surrounding me In every season I know You love me I know You love me At the cross I bow my knee Where Your blood was shed for me There's no greater love than this You have overcome the grave Your glory fills the highest place What can separate me now You go before me You shield my way Your hand upholds me I know You love me You tore the veil You made a way When You said that it is done And when the earth fades Falls from my eyes And You stand before me I know You love me I know You love me
Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Love you, friend! I'm so thankful for Dr. B's sweet concern and care for you all! I know that this time of rest seems difficult, so I'll be praying for peace and truth to govern your mind and for a chance to be a blessing to others as you're "stuck" at home. :) I love ya and I'll be around this weekend to keep you company!