Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 7

It's hard to believe last week at this exact time I was calling my boss telling her that the Dr. had put me on bedrest. One full week of laying on the couch, outside, and in bed. I have kept busy reading (just finished Twilight, and getting ready to start The Shack), watching TV, and spending time with family and friends. Yesterday was not all bad, I had so many friends come by to see me. Will and Kristin were my first visitors only to make me realize how much my house is NOT baby proofed. Will is the cutest little man ever, and Auntie Em just didn't have very much to play with, but some good stuff to eat. After Kristin and Will left Stef and Nate came to have lunch with me. Nate claimed he hit the lunch jackpot because he was eating my mom's amazing roast, potatoes, carrots, and green beans. Around that same time some of my favorite kids ever stopped by Jackson, Mia, Eli and their momma Kelly. It was a busy morning and about the time I was ready to dive back into my book or take a quick cat nap is when mom and dad came with Taylor and all the bad news. It was kind of nice having my family around, colin came home early and my brother stopped by. It is crazy how many people fall in love with a four legged friend.....she is doing great today. We are allowing her to eat whatever she wants. Yesterday she had peanut butter and jelly, some pizza, and other items.

This afternoon my mom and all her beautiful sisters came over with lunch. It was so good to catch up with them and hear stories from when they were growing up. We had some really good homemade potato soup, Stanly J's chicken salad, and snacked on brownies. Once we finished lunch we sat outside and our friends Lauren and baby Jack came first and then Leann and her two kiddos, Anna and Charlie. It has been wonderful day, and I am so, so, so fortunate. God is so good at keeping my mind off things and carrying me through this bedrest and sad time.

Tonight Colin and I don't have anyone coming over, and I think that I will try and go to bed early. I am exhausted, but just can't seem to sleep. (My friend Stef's sister, Rachael said it was the progesterone I was on). I am still missing my job, kids, and team but looking forward to seeing the Kindergarten team tomorrow after school. Hope all is well with you.
Em

No comments: