Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 6


Isn't it true that the Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle. Today I am honestly questioning if that statement is true. Taylor, our ten year old boxer/pit has been sick over the past month about once a week. Yesterday she was over at Grandma and Grandaddy's (yes, they run a doggie daycare for my brothers dog Charlie and our sweet pup, Taylor), and she started feeling sick again. This led my dad to the vet late in the afternoon where they scheduled Taylor for an ultrasound at Rood and Riddle today (she is too big for our vet's ultrasound and had to go with all the horses). The news was not good, devestating, she has been eaten up by cancer. She has it in all her major organs and lymph nodes. The vet has given her some meds to keep her comfortable, but for now all we do is wait and love on this dear friend, and "child" we have had for the last ten years. I don't know how to do it, she has been such a gift, and Lord knows the many secrets I have confided in her. If you are not an animal person you probably think I am crazy.....but I LOVE this dog. As for now, we are giving her anything and everything she wants. Today she had her favorite Frosty Paws ice cream, a half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some summer sausage, and lots and lots of water.


As for me, Colin, and sweet baby Stout there have been many tears shed, and I am sure many more. My poor dad had to walk through today by himself as I was bed resting and Colin was working. Please say a prayer for us as we spend our last few days/weeks with Taylor.
Love you guys.

Em

2 comments:

Mama Smors said...

i am so sorry about your pup. i believe in praying about our animals so i will definitely be doing that.

Sarah said...

OH Em I am so so sorry. We have our sweet girl Ellie. We have had her for seven years and she is every bit our baby. I can only imagine the heart ache of losing her. I will be praying for you all.