Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 1

Last night I thought I would stay up late...enjoy those great shows that come on at 10:00 (that I am usually fast asleep for), but was fighting to stay awake around 9:00. I guess I did put in a half day at work, and a pretty emotional afternoon at the Doctor. I was wide awake at 12:30 this morning and in disbelief that I was actually on such strict restrictions. My mind was busy thinking, and I just couldn't calm myself down enough to fall asleep. I guess I eventually did because my poor sweet husband woke me up getting out of be at 1:30 because he couldn't sleep. We believe that God is using this experience for His glory and that He is teaching us to totally and completely lean and trust on His plan and His timing. I was reading in my book this morning Prayers for Expectant Mothers by Angela Thomas Guffey, and loved what she said....

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and laen not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)
With that thought, I knew immediately that whatever happens, whatever my child lookslike or becomes, I will love him/her with the might love of a mother. I do trust You Lord. I trust that whatever comes, nothing will escape your careful watch. That You will render courage to the cowardly and strength to the helpless. I know that you will amaze us with Your grace.
We are so lucky to have Christ during these times when you don't know what to think. He has gone before us.....If you think of it please pray for my husband. I know that Colin is worried, and I know he doesn't say too much to protect me, but he needs some time to process this whole situation too. We are confident in this decision for me to stay home, and know that it is what is best for our sweet baby.
My mom is coming over today to help me with laundry (well do it, Thursday is my laundry day), and bring me lunch. I am so thankful that my parents are so close by and willing to help us out. God is providing......Love you guys. I am going to try and figure out how to load songs on my blog now, you have got to hear At the Cross for yourself. Love ya'll.
Em

3 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

Wow! I remember when we got to Kazakhstan and nothing was going as "expected". We were so overwhelmed and my sweet husband was walking around with that deer in the headlight look (although it was hard to notice with our 5 scarfs and 2 hats in the -20 to -30walks to the baby house). ;) I needed my rock and he was there but I also wanted to be what he needed at this scary crazy time. I just made sure that I gave him plenty of time to express his "real" feelings without advising or giving my opinion or judging. We just kept the communication going with lots of laughter. God was there for us both and we felt it more during that time than ever! We had tons and tons of alone time as you guys will since you can't go out much. Cherish this special time with each other as a gift to talk about parenting, goals, wishes, etc. It will be something that you look back on as a special time.
So, I guess you will be free most any night for our get-togethers, huh? :) I feel for you girl!
Prayers and Hugs! karen

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

What great advice from Karen! I'm so thankful for Colin and how much he cares about you and your sweet little baby! We'll be praying for Colin, too. Love ya!

Sarah said...

I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing okay on the couch! I am sure it is so hard to just do nothing, but it really is what is best for the baby! I am keeping both of you in my prayers.

I left you a message on my blog to pick up the Twilight series! It will make that time fly by!