Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tears

I feel like everyday I keep getting hit with some sort of bad news, hurting friends, broken hearts, sickness, etc. I know that God is bigger than every situation, and that when we go through these hard times He is there beside us, sometimes carrying us through the storm. I just wish I knew what to say or do to make the situations/people feel better. I wish I knew how to take away the pain. My friend Jess told me today that maybe I was on bed-rest so I could pray for my friends. I have had many conversations with God over the past three weeks, and believe that He is listening....I just wish He would protect us from hurt/pain. I do know that the one thing He did promise is that this life would not be easy and pain free. My prayer is that my friends feel the presence of God like they never have before. That the know they are loved and accepted. I pray that they know each tear that falls from their eyes is being kept in a safe place and God knows what each tear stands for. I just know that this is part of life and instead of trying to fix the situations I need to LOVE the person during the time they are enduring the pain. I want to create a safe place where we can laugh, encourage, and love on these friends. I am praying for opportunities to love them.

If you have any prayer requests let me know. I would love to know how to pray for you.
Love ya.
Em

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Friend, thank you for praying for us and our the sweet little boy God has chosen for our family. We can feel your prayers . . . especially when we're about to GO CRAZY with this waiting! :) Love you, friend!