Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blown Away...

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
I opened up bible gateway this morning to spend some time in Haggai. I went to Replenish (womens worship service at church) last night honestly not even knowing there was a book in the bible called Haggai. Sorry. But left last night really appreciating this piece of truth from the bible:
'Be strong, O Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,' declares the LORD, 'and work. For I am with you,' declares the LORD Almighty. 5 'This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you.
Do not fear.' Haggai 2:4-5
What I feel like God is telling me is my body is a temple to glorify Him. I have been given more than enough just through His sacrifice on the cross. That is enough...I can live a life full of joy knowing that He died for me...He knows me intimately, and He LOVES me. That is more than enough. Everything else, my home, family, husband, friends is just an overflow of HIS love. In Haggai He is encouraging us to remain strong through each day, that HE IS WITH US joy and pain, sun and rain, and not to fear for He loves us and wants what is best for us. We must realize that at times what is best for us may not be what we think we need. No matter what happens Thursday, nothing can take Christ away from me. Nothing can change the way He feels about me, I am his precious daughter and He is proud of me (I hope). He has walked in front of me, He covers me, He knows me. I am so thankful and blown away that God knows and loves me. What more could I want or need?
I am off to school to finish things up before Thursday. Love ya'll.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wow girl! I think you hit the nail on the head. It is so beautiful the way God is showing you things throughout this journey. There are so many times in my life that I have found comfort in music. Nichole Nordeman is one of my favorite artists and her song Small Enough is one of the most heart felt songs I have ever listened to. Just as the lyrics state, "there were times when I was crying from the dark of Daniel's den and I have asked you once or twice if you would part the sea again but tonight I do not need a firey pillar in the sky. I just want to know that you're gonna hold me if I start to cry. Oh Great God, be small enough to hear me now." I love you and I am praying for you both.

Peace Out!

Daneen said...

praying hard, girl, praying hard!

I'm sure you've already been told, but just plan to REST for days after the retrieval. Enjoy the drugs they give you and just REST.

And what a cool message from the Lord in His perfect timing. Amen.

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Wow, Em. God is speaking to you, girl! Wow. Keep listening. He has so much HOPE for us, if we will just listen! :) Love you and praying for Thursday! Hope your shot went well tonight!