Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cart before the Horse




So last night I added the Follistim shot to my already daily dose of Lupron. My friend Nakada is a pro at the Follistim shots (she is expecting twins in February), and she offered some instruction and moral support in this new injection. It reminds me of an eppie pen, but a wee bit more expensive. The needle wasn't too bad it was the amount of medicine I had to inject into my leg. It seemed like I was pushing down FOREVER! It left a pretty nice bruise too. I stay on both shots until my appointment this Friday, and hopefully they will cut back on the amount of Follistim I have to put into my body. I am still having headaches, but can function normally throughout the day with an Alleve.


My mom and I had to go to Babies R Us today to buy a couple of gifts for upcoming showers and I couldn't help but look around a little bit. I found some really, really cute bedding, some camouflauge stroller, pack and play, and carseat (for Colin), and other little things. I am putting the cart before the horse, but it sure was fun! I will let you know tomorrow if I get a matching bruise on the other leg....it's totally worth it!


Em

4 comments:

Daneen said...

oh those bruises... I remember them well. Wear them with pride, girlfriend!!

Just a side note: Tylen*l makes a great migraine medicine for those hormone headaches, if the other stops working. I buy the generic version at wally-world.

Daneen said...

oh, and go ahead and LOOK at those baby things!! It's never too early to start that.

Besides, I believe you will be a mommy. A pastor's wife once told me when we were trying to have kids that God doesn't place that desire in a woman's heart if He doesn't have a plan for it.

You may not know God's plan yet, but He will reveal it in His sweet time. And it will be soooo worth the wait.

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Amen to the previous comment! :) Live it up, girl! Check out that baby stuff! And, yes, those bruises are definitely worth it! :) I love ya!

Amy said...

Good to hear from you!!! Thanks for the comment. It's always great to get an "amen", know what I mean? I was reading your blog and will be praying for you guys. It's great to know that you are placing it all in HIS hands. He is faithful!

Amy Liddle