Friday, August 15, 2008

No pain, no gain


Well, looks like my husband definately has a future in blogging, he was hilarious, pictures were a little risque, but all in all he did a great job depicting our day. I do not remember much of it, mainly because I slept and slept and then slept some more. I had some visitors come by to love on me. My mom spent the day with me since Colin had some important meetings at the office. She fixed me a bagel, sprite, rice, and potato salad (thanks Leann). Then Jan, Kristin, and Will came over to hang out. We all piled in my bed this time and laughed at Will. He is the cutest darn kid ever. After they left Nakada came over and brought me the cutest note and make-up bag from Polka Dots. Love it! Then Kendra brought us dinner. It was delicious, all I could really partake in was the rice because right around dinner things started going south for me. (Kendra, my mom, dad and Colin LOVED the meal, thank you so much!)


I don't know if the pain medicine caught up with me but around 5:30 I was hugging the porcelin God. Right about the same time my brother and Whitney came to visit. I felt terrible, literally because Mac has such a hard time with all this medical stuff and then he comes to visit (with beautiful orange gerber daisy's) and I am letting loose. I felt tons better after I got "it" out of my system and was able to take my steroids and antibiotic without loosing them. I slept great until about 1 am and shot out of bed like it was 8 in the morning. I guess that is what happens when you sleep for a full day.


Eventually I did fall back asleep and got up with morning with not pain. I had switched over to extra strength tylenol after my issue with the pain meds. I walked downstairs and got me some yogurt and about an hour later.....stomach pains again. Not from the procedure, the kind you get when you feel like you are about to toss your cookies....again! I have talked to Gayle and she has oh so kindly called me in some meds to help with my issue. Thanks for the prayers....oh....and the most important part...our babies. Yes they are now embryos, and we have eleven sitting in a lab over on Palumbo drive. We lost 5 overnight, and I am assuming a few more will fail to split and won't make it to implantation. Right now it is looking like we may have to freeze a few. We are greatful that God is in control and He has a plan for each of these little guys/gals. I know that I worry about how many are there, but I also know that God is in charge. Thanks for the prayers....we are hoping that we will implant on Sunday, if not then on Tuesday. If we did Sunday I would not have to miss any school!!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

While I enjoyed Colin as a guest blogger, it is good to hear from you and know that you are up and about today. It is ALSO good to know that 11 little babies are growing across town! Keep us up to date on a transfer day and we'll keep praying! Love ya! Hang in there!

Daneen said...

being up at 1am might have been because of the sleep the day before, but it's more likely because of the steroids. they mess with ya!

I'm praying for the "problem" of having to freeze some! That means you guys were VERY successful, girl. Keep us posted.

And if you have to miss some school, all will not be lost. Get some rest!!

Kendra White said...

Girl... you are welcome! Our address is 100 Kendall Lane Nicholasville, KY !!! Keep me updated!

Unknown said...

Hey girl. I just found your blog on your Facebook page!

I am so praying for you guys!! And yes, Colin IS quite the writer! =)

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Em, you keep writing, girl! As Leigh said, it's sooooo good to "hear" you up and going well..... I love ya and am praying for the next step and those 11 little stout's! Keep us posted!