Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here we go....






Guys, this is it, pregnancy test eve. I have much of the same feelings that I used to have as a kid before Christmas morning. Excitement (pray I sleep), anxiousness (am I going to get what I want), and love (when I wake up in the morning, Colin will be by my side). My sweet husband has agreed to do some blogging this evening and we will post again late tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully we will be out and about sharing some good news with family and friends. We love ya and are SO thankful for ALL of your prayers.




Em








Ok, so here it is from a man's perspective.
I've taken a lot of tests in my day. Grade school, middle school, high school (many of these I cheated through) and college. Through all of my test taking, none of them involved urine and they definitely never cost so much. So, in order to try to relate to my wife, I developed a man's version of a pregnancy test. It is actually completed in essay form.

Here it goes:
1.) Did you have sex?...Yes. However, I actually had sex about two-thirds fewer times than I brag about.


2.) Was the sex amazing?...Of course!


3.) During the month did you eat properly?...Yes, waffle house, white castle, hot dogs from speedway, and diet coke.


4.) During the month did you exercise?...Yes, Covered hundreds of miles via hunting videos, watched some UFC (actually got out of my chair twice during one fight), and climbed the stairs 4,000 times fetching odds and ends for my wife. Why is it that every time she needs something it is always on the other floor?!?!


5.) Positive or negative result from woman's test?...If positive, forget about question 1. If negative, repeat step 1.


All in all this process has been a little more complicated, but the man's perspective is still the same. I'm very scared for the outcome.

Scared that it'll be positive, and scared that it'll be negative. For more reasons than in my "Man's test" above.


Even though I'm scared I know both Emily and I are very excited also.


We appreciate all of the prayer and support through all of this. We'll keep you posted on the outcome.




Love


Em and Colin

















2 comments:

Marie said...

First off, Colin, you CRACK me up! I know I have said a hundred times but we will be praying for you guys. Even with the time difference, I am praying as you sleep. I look forward to checking your blog later...either way, God IS in control.

I read a neat little extra while reading Job yesterday. It said "tie a mental knot is our faith and hang on to our trust in God." I love that because when you think of hanging on to a plain rope, you imagine yourself sliding down. However, if you have a knot, there is something to hold onto. I hope you do that today...tie a knot in your faith and hold on...He is there and will work all things for HIS glory.

Love you guys...

Peace Out!

Daneen said...

Well I've checked a few times already today and don't see an update. I am believing that "no news is good news!!" I soooo hope you're out celebrating!!

If, by chance, you're not... please know you can email me directly if you want. I know your day.
daneensalbums(at)yahoo(dot)com