Friday, August 29, 2008

Tears of joy...

I was wide awake early this morning (2:30) and just laid in bed thanking God for giving us this opportunity to be parents. We know that this is His child/children and He is giving them to us to raise, love, and grow in Him. I just kept thinking fearfully and wonderfully made, that is what is going on in my belly.



Yesterday was a roller coaster of a day. I woke up early to get to Dr. Akin's office for my bloodwork. I knew the earlier I got there the earlier I would get to call and see if I was preggers. I walked out from having my bloodwork around 8:30 and you won't believe this went through Chick Fil-A and they were giving out FREE chicken minis....could this day get any better? Oh but it can....

I got to school with a belly fully of chicken minis (and a baby, just didn't know it yet) and was so incredibly busy with the kiddo's I didn't look at the clock until 10:45 (well maybe a few times). When we came in from the playground I told Jaci (my team teacher) that I was going to make "the call." Gayle had told me 2-3 hours and I had waited 2 hours and 15 minutes. We have this huge storage closet next to our classroom that has a door and a phone inside. I shut the door and dialed the number to Dr. Akin's office, they transferred me to Gayle. Gayle answered the phone and told me she had my results, pause, you should go to Baby Gap or Gymboree, or just go to both because you are pregnant! I started crying, I was so happy! I couldn't believe she was telling me, Emily Stout, that I WAS PREGNANT. After we both stopped blubbering on the phone (Gayle cried with me) she told me my levels were at 300 and they were high but she couldn't tell me if we had multiples until our first ultrasound on September 15th.

I immediately called my husband and told him the news through tears. He was so full of joy. There just wouldn't have been any way to hear the news together....so a phone call still conveyed my joy and I could tell he was elated! The plan was to send my mom and dad pink and blue carnations with a card that said "Worth the wait! Can't wait to meet you Grandma and Grandaddy. Love, Baby Stout." However things did not go according to planned. I emailed the TLS teachers forgetting that one of them is dating one of my dad's good friends from high school. So my sweet dad found out via text from his buddy. He called Colin and asked what the heck was going on and they cried together over the phone knowing that God had answered ALL of our prayers. (I would have had to call the flowers were not delivered until 5:00).

I left school at 3:00 and went straight to my mom and dads house. We hugged and cried...again and just talked about all of the emotions. I looked at my mom and said "let's go look at baby stuff." She was off the couch in less than 2 seconds and we were out the door. We looked at baby furniture, bedding, and maternity clothes. Did you know they put little bellies in maternity dressing rooms to try on clothes...I almost took a picture (you would have thought she is having six if she is that big at 4 weeks).

After shopping mom and I met Colin, and the rest of my family and extended family at Saul Good for a celebratory dinner. It was the perfect night! We just can't stop smiling. We love you guys and are heading to the lake tomorrow. Sunday I have a cute story about what one of my kinders said today. Happy 3 Day weekend! It couldn't have come at a better time.
Em

No comments: