Sunday, August 3, 2008

Headaches stink!

I was down for the count yesterday. I woke up feeling great and actually went on a 45 minute walk with my friend Nakada and then did some yoga when I got home. Around 12:00 my head started pounding. I hadn't eaten anything and was beginning to get hungry when Colin called (he had gone to hand some tree stands for hunting) and offered to bring me some lunch. By the time he got home, I was sick to my stomach and having sharp pains behind my right eye. I could only eat half a sandwich and popped in an extra strengh alleve, turned off all the lights, shut my shades and closed my eyes. A few hours later I woke up feeling good enough to shower and watch some TV. It was a rough day, but not too bad considering I haven't had any side effects from my shots yet. (Migraines/Headaches are one side effect). Colin is playing at church this weekend so when he got home around 7 I felt good enought to make a few baked potatoes and sit with him.
Tomorrow is a big day! I start my ultrasounds and bloodwork every four days, along with a new shot. Leading to next Tuesday...which is when we find out our retrieval day. Please pray that I do NOT hear from Dr. Akin tomorrow. His nurse Gayle said if she has to call tomorrow it is because my estrogen levels are too low, and they will recommend bumping IVF to next month. Mom, Jan (my second mom), and I are heading to Louisville to shop at Pottery Barn and eat at the Cheesecake Factory so I don't stay glued to my phone worrying about it ringing. This is all coming together, and I can't believe that within a month I could be pregnant!

3 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Girl, I absolutely love your honest and sincere heart! I love that your prayers are so specific, which shows that you really do BELIEVE that God is FOR US, working all things together for HIS PERFECT GOOD and our great joy in Him! I am praying, girl! I love ya and can't wait to see you soon!

Marie said...

I hope you are enjoying your day out and come home to NO MESSAGES.

Take care

Kendra White said...

friend we are praying for you... please keep us updated on how to pray!