Friday, August 8, 2008

Follies.....

Taylor was a little freaked out that she may not be the "only" child much longer...


Last night we got to go out to dinner with some great friends, Leigh and Aaron. Leigh is the queen of blogging so I asked her about some cool kid blog lingo.....hence the "follies." I learned last night that this was the hippest way to speak of your follicles, otherwise known as potential eggs. Thanks Leigh for helping a sister out!


Well, woke up around 6:30 feeling like it was Christmas morning, sooooo excited! I just knew that God had been doing something inside of me. I am just depending on Him day by day....joy and pain, sun and rain. Again, my sweet mom agreed to go with me a sit in the waiting room. She is the best! When I got there one of my friends was there and she had obviously already been back for her bloodwork. We caught up on how injections were going, and how excited we were about the upcoming days. She was then called back for her ultrasound. I was still in the waiting room when she came out and told me she had six follies. She said they couldn't get a good look at her left ovary.....but I was so excited for her. It only takes one and she had SIX!


Then, it was my turn. I had bloodwork first and had been hydrating my body to help my veins. It wasn't too bad, and quicker than last time. I went back out to the waiting room, and then I heard it....my name..."Emily Stout." I was trying to get email addresses from my two friends and literally dropped everything and went back to the room. (Thank goodness my mom was there to oversee emails and watch my purse). Dr. Akin did my ultrasound today, and he seemed happy. I can't see the screen at his office, all I could see was his face and Gayle writing notes on my chart. They both kept saying....this is good, a little small....but good, looks good.


The final count as of this morning was.....on the right ovary; EIGHT, and on the left ovary; FOUR. So that means I have TWELVE follies inside my little body right now. My dad says I have a soccer team in my belly (and 1 sub). Here is the deal with the follies. Dr. Akin said that they were small and there will be changes by Monday meaning some of the 12 probably won't make it. If they retrieve 10 next week, a few more won't make it. After they create the embryos a few won't make it.....I am thinking that we will probably end of the 3-4 good embryos...but who knows? My desire is to have a baby and last time I checked you needed one good egg and a good stout sperm.....we can handle that.


This weekend we are having a special date night on Sunday. We are going to celebrate our journey so far and pray for this next week. Thanks for all your prayers, bible verses, and encouragement.....we are about three weeks from a test.


Em

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

WHOO-HOO for the 12 possible little Stout kiddos! Way to go, little follies :)

Mama Smors said...

YAY on the follies!!! :)