Saturday, August 16, 2008

Every family has a story....


Colin and I went to bed last night making predictions about how many embryos we would have this morning. In our small minds we have always had our own end number...three. I think that three was the number that was most convenient to us, and easiest for our lifestyle...however, God has bigger plans for us (hopefully). The embryologist called around 10:30 this morning and said that all eleven of our embryos were dividing and thriving. I about dropped the phone...I mean really, 11? God are you crazy...what are you thinking? We went into this with the intention of going back for each and every little embryo to give them a chance at life. Here is the deal, if tomorrow we decide to implant three, most likely not all three will implant (but God could want us to start off with triplets, only He can see). That would leave 8 in the lab where we would freeze them. After a few years, we would go back and implant three more (no guarantee of three, but a possibility), leaving us with 5 and so on....do you see what I see....pregnancy for the next decade? Please don't take this as complaining, we are so thankful and blessed, just a wee bit overwhelmed. We have to trust that He already knows how many baby Stout's will be running around. It might be that this time none implant.....who knows? All I know is that God has been so good to us thusfar and literally answered soooo many prayers. Colin and I are humbled by his graciousness and looking forward to the possibility of parenthood. I am posting a picture of a memory wall I have made in my dining room. The pictures are centered around a quote that I just recently fell in love with: "Every Family has a Story...." You will see post-its and such as it is still under construction, but as my mom and I were working on the wall she joked that we may need to invest in quite a few more frames for the family.
Habakkuk 1:5

The Lord’s Reply 5 The Lord replied,
Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it."


I received this scripture from a friend who I have not seen in years. She had read our blog and she and her husband had walked through infertility too. She said that the scripture above helped them through their journey. I love it!

2 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Love that verse!!!! Thanks for sharing. Girl, thanks for trusting God through this. You are such an encouragement to so many people because of this. We are praying for Stout's #1-11 and for wisdom for you all. I can't WAIT for what's next! :) Love ya!

Mama Smors said...

I am so excited for you and your 11 babies. God has such a big plan! :) I love hearing your stories and being able to pray for you. We'll continue to do just that!