Monday, August 11, 2008

YES!

Friends.....what a day! I have been anxiously awaiting Gayle's call and it just came in five minutes ago. Things looked great on my ultrasound this morning, I had fourteen follies (potential eggs) and they measured three out of the fourteen. I don't know what that means. They couldn't give me my retrieval time until they checked my estrogen levels in my bloodwork. I have been busy with school stuff but would be lying if I told you I haven't been watching the clock. In fact, I dialed up Dr. Akin's office at about 3:55 and hung up....I needed to be patient. Five minutes later....the call came in, what was said during this call you might ask???

Praise God, he has listened to our prayers and answered yet again....He is so good. I am tearing up typing this. We go in for retrieval on Thursday at 9:15. I have one more set of shots tonight and then the big dog, HCG shot tomorrow specifically at 10:45 pm. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement. I am honestly speechless and so thankful for God's plan and timing. We trust that He has placed each little follie. He is in control of this and so much more.

Now I am nervous about this retrieval procedure. I am knocked out and won't remember a thing, but I am never enthusiastic about needles (I have grown to appreciate them). Please pray for peace and trust that God is the one doing the retrieving through Dr. Akin on Thursday.


Love ya'll,
Em

3 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!! Girl, I've never prayed so much in my life for follies! I'm lovin' it! What great news! God is so faithful.... so perfect.... so loving... so kind.... and SO in control, just like you said! We'll be praying for Thursday.... 9:15.... hmmm... wonder if I could have a moment of silence in my class at 9:15. :) I love ya!

Kendra White said...

Praise the Lord... i wanted to ask tonight but didn't. so glad i read the blog.... eric and i are signing up to bring you and colin dinner on thursday... is that ok? let me know

Marie said...

Yiiiippppppeeeeeeee! I am so excited for you both! God is awesome and he is always in control! Take care of yourself, okay! I am looking forward to more updates.

Love ya...peace out!